Friday, March 13, 2015

day 3

Day 3: 
Melissa's surgery lasted about 4 hours long. She had decided she wasn't going to look at the bag until I was with her. She was in the recovery room for what seemed like forever. I was anxiously waiting for her to be given a room so I could be with her again. She was getting pretty emotional and upset so the nurse came out and got me. They don't let people go in the recovery room for the privacy of other patients but they made an exception because she needed to see me. I went back with her and she was very nervous that she was going to hate the way she looked. We finally got a room (the nurse had to sneak me out of the recovery room) and we finally got some time with just the 2 of us. Melissa was doing a lot better at this point and she wanted to look at it together. We were both really anxious and nervous, not knowing what to expect. We took a look at it and it was nowhere near as bad as we thought it would be. I'm very impressed on how well Melissa handled herself. 

We spent the rest of the day talking about how she felt and all of the things she looked forward to (like not taking medicines). 

No comments:

Post a Comment